Laura Bassett started Haute Holidays in 2013 as a way to pursue her passion for helping plan and execute travel dreams. After working in Corporate America as a CPA for a decade while helping plan friends’ trips and dishing out travel advice on the side, Laura decided to turn her travel obsession into a career. She believes that travel is all about self-discovery and finding new ways to inspire and to be inspired.
Laura meticulously crafts each individual itinerary with YOU in mind because just as no two people are alike, neither are two vacations. With great organizational skills and an eye for detail, Laura will ensure that no detail is overlooked when planning your trip.
Interests and Specialities:
– Customized luxury travel planning worldwide, including hotels/resorts, villas/apartments, luxury cruises
– Honeymoons, anniversaries, special occasion travel, family travel, experiential and adventure travel, babymoons, mini-moons, weekend getaways, food & wine
– I have personally visited or planned client trips to: Hawaii, Tahiti, Mexico & the Caribbean, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, Kenya, South Africa, Botswana, Costa Rica, Belize, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Indonesia, Thailand, Canada, Alaska, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ireland, United Kingdom, Scotland, Ireland, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Morocco, Montenegro, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland and Greece.
Some of Laura’s personal favorite journeys have included:
* Relaxing in an overwater bungalow in Bora Bora
* Riding elephants in Chiang Mai and Phuket, Thailand
* Participating in a cooking class on the Amalfi Coast, Italy
* Celebrating Oktoberfest in Munich (prost!)
* Enjoying a sunrise camel ride in the Sahara Desert in Morocco
* Exploring the ancient city walls of Dubrovnik, Croatia
* Touring and tasting at the famous port houses in Porto, Portugal
* Strolling the cobblestone streets of Cartagena, Colombia
* Swimming in Hawaiian waterfalls with her family
* Wine tasting in Tuscany
* Enjoying apres-ski in Aspen
* Island-hopping in Greece
* Helicoptering over the Emerald Isle, Ireland
* Completing the 15 mile Base of the Towers hike in Patagonia, Chile
* Whitewater rafting in Costa Rica with her family
* Dancing with the local Samburu tribe in Kenya around a campfire
* Gliding through the Okavango Delta of Botswana in a dugout mokoro canoe
Jennie Weizel is Haute Holidays’ Travel Coordinator who helps pull all the details together so that your trip is seamless!
A native Texan, Jennie grew up in Houston, went to college at Baylor University in Waco, and now lives in Dallas with her husband and three children. Her background is in marketing, and she loves everything about the travel planning process! Her dream vacation can range from a rigorous outdoor adventure all the way to lazing by the pool or beach with a good book and cocktail.