I recently had the chance to enjoy a much-needed long weekend getaway with the hubs. It had been awhile since our last alone trip and between hectic jobs, busy family schedules, etc.. a quick jaunt was long overdue. There was really just one place that came to mind for us – CABO – and the beautiful Resort at Pedregal.
My clients enjoy the following complimentary perks here (aka what’s in it for you):
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Breakfast buffet daily in Don Manuel’s, two per bedroom (including all suites)
- $100 USD equivalent Spa Services credit to be utilized during stay (not combinable, no cash value if not redeemed in full)
- Early check-in/late check-out subject to availability
- Complimentary VIP Airport Tickets with all BeachFront Suite bookings
- Complimentary Wi-Fi
I cannot highly recommend enough hitting the reset button with a 72-hour getaway to someplace within a 2-3 hour flight from home, which for me is Mexico. Really can’t beat breakfast at home & lunch on the beach!! And while I am very sensitive to the recent news reports and cautions on my neighbor to the south, I for one have always loved traveling to Mexico- the people are warm, the food & drinks delicious, the flight short. And since many of my friends & clients are in the same boat, in need of a quick reset on life, below are my-
TOP 5 REASONS TO STAY AT THE RESORT AT PEDREGAL
- LOCATION – the resort is perfectly located a few minutes from Cabo San Lucas the town, just at the other end of a short tunnel which was blasted out of the rock for the purpose of connecting the Pedregal area with the town. The resort is, of course, gated and easy to access the restaurants and bars of Cabo via an $8-12 one-way taxi ride (or you can walk!). I highly recommend Edith’s in town for the best Mexican food in a fun atmosphere. And as well, if you plan to do any activities from the Cabo marina (sportfishing, sunset cruise around the El Arco, etc), the resort is very well situated!
- ROOMS – the rooms are just gorgeous and so romantic. All ocean view rooms have private pools on the patio and face the sea. Open showers and gas fireplaces add to the ambiance. While the ocean view room categories are adults-only (the one to book is the Ocean View Vista- its top floor views are gorg!!) the casitas and villas on the other side are family-friendly and surround a family-friendly pool. Groups of friends traveling together also love these multi-bedroom options! The casitas are standalone and the pool is on the ground floor, while the villas sit up a bit higher due to elevation and have great ocean views. There are ALSO several gorgeous 2-3 bedroom beachfront suites that come with butler service. Does.not.get.better than that!!
- POOLS – because let’s be real. This is Cabo. Most beaches aren’t swimmable due to the very strong current, and so the majority of your water time will be in a swimming pool. The adults-only pool at the Resort at Pedregal surrounds the beach bar where many people begin to congregate come lunchtime and early afternoon. Rounds of “where are you from?” can be heard as guests mingle. The pool & beach bar atmosphere is lively and fun without being crazy. I’m partially attributing this to the bartenders (Miguel!) who make a mean margarita. (And by mean, I mean I’ll have dos, por favor.) I also found myself hanging over the infinity edge, mesmerized by the pounding waves and crashing surf. (This amazing soundtrack of nature can also be heard in your rooms at night!) Pool waitstaff are attentive and offer little snacks throughout the day as well. Why leave the pool?! Unless you’re headed to #4, of course..!
- SPA – the Luna y Mar spa at the Resort at Pedregal is stunning. From the authentic Mexican decor to the outdoor grottos and the saltwater meditation pool, this place is very special. I enjoyed one of the best massages of my life (I don’t say that lightly!) following the complimentary foot cleansing ritual. Many of the spa treatments draw from ancient Mexican healing traditions, and the signature treatments are derived from phases of the moon- the new moon (stimulation), the waxing phase (nourishment), the full moon (reaching full potential) and the waning moon (cleansing body and spirit). And, SPOILER ALERT, my clients get $100 spa credit here, which you will most definitely enjoy using!!
- EL FARALLON – so to be fair, the resort’s fine dining restaurant is accessible to non-resort guests as well, but it really is nice to walk downstairs and in just a few minutes be at the entrance! El Farallon is well-known in Los Cabos as one of the best fine dining spots. They specialize in fresh seafood in a stunning cliffside atmosphere. Upon entering, you first reach a champagne bar (what?! A champagne bar in Mexico? yes please!) where you may opt for a glass of bubbly before moving on to the fish cart, where the staff expertly guides you through your selections. Choose one protein, your sides, and dessert is set! With those big decisions out of the way, all you need to do is sink down into a chair and watch the waves crash over the sides of the boulders below (and be careful, sometimes you even catch some sea spray!) A most memorable and romantic meal, El Farallon is a must-do.